- Tapered Frame – a Starrett original feature – permits measurements in narrow slots and tight places. Standard with Starrett.
- Ring-type lock nut convenient to use. Permits locking of spindle at any reading.
- Easy to read with distinct black figures against satin chrome finish.
- Staggered graduations, advanced design, a Starrett original feature. Quick reading figures on inch reading micrometers. Every graduation numbered for quick, positive identification. Easy to read with distinct black figures against satin-chrome finish.
- Friction thimble, smooth uniform pressure independent of “feel.”
- Ratchet stop/speeder for consistent measurements and to speed opening or closing of tool.
- Extra Hard Threads with Extreme Lead Accuracy. Special high carbon steel gives harder threads which are hardened, stabilized, and precision ground from the solid to ensure long and accurate life.
- Balanced design; plus no-glare satin chrome finish makes the tool easy to hold and read, as well as resistant to stains, corrosion and wear.
- Micro-Lapped “Mirror” Finish on the measuring faces – a Starrett original feature that ensures more accurate measurements. Available with carbide faces or hardened, high-carbon steel faces.
RULES, PROTRACTORS, SQUARES
Starrett Rules, Straight Edges & Parallels – The most precise and durable precision rules available. Sharpness of graduations, readability and the overall quality of our rules are without equal. Starrett’s comprehensive line offers you a choice of temper, 10 English and 8 metric graduation styles, several width and thickness options, lengths to 144” or more.
Starrett Protractors and Angle Measurement – In setup for machining, layout and inspection, determining an angle is among the most common activities. Starrett’s bevel vernier protractors provide the highest level of precision. Also very precise is a protractor head and blade set from their combination square family. They offer a variety of tools with a sharply graduated 180 degree scales intersected by a movable blade and a bevel protractor.
Starrett Squares – Ensuring perpendicularity or squareness is at the heart of creating precision products. Starrett offers a broad range of high quality solid squares, try squares and specialty products. Their line of combination squares and accessories is especially broad and deep, and is considered to be the best available.
- All of our precision steel rules are photo-engraved
- We inspect to Starrett Master Standards, which are traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- The numbering size and style is distinctive and more readable than ordinary rules
- Quick-reading figures are furnished with finer graduations for easier counting. Most all inch graduations of 1/32″ and finer have subdivisions numbered.
- All rules are available in Starrett no-glare satin chrome finish for easier reading and rust resistance
- There are still some old “D” style rules on the market. These have one square and one rounded end. All Starrett rules are ground square on both ends. This provides better efficiency through the ability to read from either end on all edges.
- A choice of smooth-finished forged and hardened (longer wearing) steel square head and center head, or a cast iron square head and center head. All bearing
surfaces are accurately ground.
- A choice of stable cast iron protractors – reversible or non-reversible style – all nicely finished with a black, durable finish
- Protractors are furnished as reversible, with shoulders on both sides of the blade, or non-reversible, with a single shoulder on one side of the blade only. All protractors also have a spirit level.
- Protractor heads have revolving turrets with direct reading double graduations, 0-180º in opposite directions. This permits the direct reading of angles and supplementary angles.
- Most square heads have a handy spirit level and a hardened scriber
- Square blades and protractor heads come in a choice of regular or Starrett no-glare satin chrome finish
- A reversible lock bolt allows the blade to be turned over or end-for-end without removing the lock bolt or nut. This ensures true alignment of the blade and heads.
- Square blades feature easy-to-read, sharp graduations and are available in many convenient styles
- Separate parts and attachments available
- Accuracy – All Starrett-Webber gage blocks meet or exceed all known specifications. The flatness, parallelism and surface finish necessary to achieve the required accuracies are the same as or better than government requirements.
- Stability – Starrett-Webber gage blocks do not change in size except through normal wear. Gage block stability is a characteristic that our Webber Gage Division has mastered with over eighty years of experience. Our gage blocks withstand the test of time.
- Hardness – Steel blocks have a Rockwell “C” hardness of approximately 64-65. Chromium Carbide blocks have a Rockwell “C” hardness of 71-73, with an unusually fine, hard grain structure, giving them exceptional resistance to wear and abrasion.